We are SO excited to host you for summer programs and have prepared the following information to help you have a happy, healthy, and safe return to classes. Please review before your first class for the smoothest transition back to classes. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Bauer Fine Arts Academy is a Safer Studio™
We follow the More Than Just Great Dancing!™ Safer Studio Guidelines which prioritize a hierarchy of safety and wellness measures including:
Wellness checks for staff
Frequent hand hygiene
Enhanced cleaning procedures
Minimizing mixing and mingling via social distancing practices
Curricular and facility adjustments
Gradual re-opening and continuous parent communications
Wellness Checks for Staff
• Bauer Fine Arts Academy is becoming a Youth Protection Advocates in Dance™ Certified Studio. Additionally, all teachers and staff members will receive regular and continuing safety training as it relates to preventing community spread of COVID-19
• All staff members are wellness checked before their shift
• Parents are asked to not send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have a fever or respiratory symptoms.
• Parents are asked not to send their children to class if they, or a member of their household, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Frequent Hand Hygiene
• Employees will wash hands and/or sanitize before and after each class.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available outside of all entrances, outside of every classroom, and inside the classrooms. Students will be encouraged to wash hands and/or sanitize before and after classes.
• Hand washing posters are posted within bathrooms and classrooms.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
• We have increased our cleaning frequencies and sanitation procedures in high traffic areas and high touch surfaces of the studio such as doors, viewing windows, barres, floors, counters, stereos, pianos, and bathrooms.
Minimized Mixing and Mingling
• We have made facility, scheduling, and curricular changes to reduce mixing and mingling in support of social distancing recommendations. However, we understand that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times.
Facility & Curricular Adjustments
• All lobby waiting areas, kitchen area, children’s play spaces, student study areas, music classrooms, and office areas will be closed unless specified.
• Please bring clearly labeled water bottles. Coffee, tea, and water will not be provided.
• Dancers will bring all dance bags into the studio for changing shoes. Bathrooms will be available for toileting only, but not for changing clothes.
• No food will be allowed in the school.
• Curricular adjustments have been made to eliminate prop use and hand-holding and to reduce mixing and mingling in the classrooms.
• Class sizes have been modified to reflect current county recommendations of no more than 6 students in the smaller classroom, and 8 in the larger classroom.
• Classrooms will refrain from high fives, fist bumps, stickers, and hand stamps.
• Classrooms will have staggered dismissal (3-5 minutes) to allow for student transitions.
Gradual Re-Opening & Continuous Parent Communication
• We are gradually reopening with small class sizes and proper time for cleaning and sanitation.
• Please visit our website and our Bauer Fine Arts Academy Facebook page beginning 7/1 where you will find a stop and go light icon that clearly indicates the status of classes: Green indicates it is safe to attend face-to-face classes. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service delivery. Check your email for current Yellow Light Protocols. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
Arrival & Departure
• Please enter using the main entrance for all classes in the large classroom, and the west entrance for all classes in the small classroom. You will be notified which classroom your class is in before the first day of class. Do not enter the building until directed by a staff member. At this time, we ask that parents wait in their cars or outside during classes to help with social distancing in the building. Parents of little dancers under age 6 are able to wait inside if necessary for child comfort.
• Please limit parent drop off to one person whenever possible. Sibling visitors cannot be accommodated during this term.
• Please exit using the same doors. Parents will be asked to wait outside for kids to be released. At the end of class, parents must be by the door to receive their child. Students cannot walk across the parking lot to go to their parents for safety reasons.
• We encourage all students to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
• Bathrooms will be limited for emergencies and will be cleaned frequently.
• Our employees will be wearing masks whenever within 6 feet of dancers.
• Mask wearing for students and parents is at personal/parental discretion.